RCSIsmj Volume 14: 2020-2021
RCSI Ethics Challenge
- RCSIsmj Ethics Challenge 2021/2022
- RCSIsmj Ethics Challenge winner 2020/2021
- Breakthrough for hepatocellular carcinoma
- Prof. David Cotter: predicting psychosis
- Rubber neck or not: a look back at a neck injury
- Obtaining best possible medication histories may improve long-term patient management and prevent adverse drug events in the emergency department
- Patient positioning for subclavian central venous catheter placement 32 Robotic transabdominal cerclage: where have we reached?
- Into the future: how artificial intelligence is shaping precision medicine
- A universal vaccine for the influenza virus
- Another diagnostic tool for your pocket: how ultrasound is revolutionising medicine
- The promise and potential of the adeno-associated viral vector in gene therapy
- From early birds to night owls: a review of chronobiology
- COVID-19: a disease of the endothelium?
- Loneliness in the elderly
- Exploring the mental health implications of COVID-19
- A review of the acute treatment of illicit and prescription drug poisonings
- Skin deep: is curriculum reform a responsibility of the student?
- Telehealth: â€œTravellingâ€ to US electives
- Clinical and sociodemographic associates of depression and anxiety in systemic lupus erythematosus
- War Doctor
Director: Alyssa Conti
Editor-in-Chief: Brian Li
Peer Review Director: Alison Hunt
Senior Editor Assistant: Kathryn Haley
Peer Review Director: Michelle Gyenes
Executive Secretary: Traveen Singh
Webmaster: Tiffany Yeretsian
Lisle Blackbourn, Kassandra Gressmann, Samantha Tso, Nikki Cliffe, Flavia Dumitrascu, Eva Stolz, Blaire Beers-Mulroy, Clare Lambert, Vrinda Munjal, Kalle Amolins, Adam Jordan, Elisa Yoo, Jennifer PY Lee, Erin Walton Ball, Ananya Pentaparthy, Morvarid Zehtab, Matthew Laird, Aisling Oâ€™Hara, Jessica Langevin
Senior Staff Writer
Aidan McKee, Carol Rizkalla, Stephanie Gagnon, Lori Israelian, Candice Parmar, Evani Patel, Iris Rahman, Harleen Jhinger
Director of Education
Tayler Declan Ross
Fraser Jang-Milligan, Savvy Benipal, Yavani Kulasingham, Bao-Nghi Nguyen
Komal Marwaha Sanat Rashinkar Ishan Antony
Thank you to the RCSI Alumni for their continued support of us as students â€“ providing career advice, acting as mentors, enabling electives and research, and supporting the publication of the RCSIsmj since its inception in 2008.
As todayâ€™s generation of students and tomorrowâ€™s generation of alumni, we are very grateful for this ongoing support.
A warm and special thanks to Prof. David Smith for the time and encouragement he has given to the RCSIsmj Ethics Challenge, and for his support of the annual debate.
We would also like to thank the Dean, Prof. Hannah McGee, for her sponsorship, and Margaret McCarthy in the Deanâ€™s office for her constant endorsement and assistance.
The RCSIsmj was extremely privileged to have a number of professors and clinicians involved in this yearâ€™s journal clubs. We would very much like to thank the following individuals for their support of and participation in the journal club, and to express our appreciation of their time, knowledge, and expertise:
Dr Helen Fogarty
Dr Caroline Kelleher Dr Sarah E. Ward
Dr Niamh Merriman