RCSIsmj Volume 13: 2019-2020
RCSI Ethics Challenge
- RCSIsmj Ethics Challenge 2020/2021
- RCSIsmj Ethics Challenge winner 2019/2020
- Biological differences matter
- AMG 510: the kryptonite of mutant KRASG12C
- Prof. Catherine Godson
- A case of spontaneous pneumomediastinum in an asthmatic young adult
- Morvan syndrome: rare or underdiagnosed?
- Patient perception of health status in the setting of multimorbidity and polypharmacy: a preliminary analysis of baseline SPPiRE trial data
- Have you tried zapping it? Neuromodulatory treatments for drug-resistant epilepsy
- Blue light blocking glasses: should we all be wearing them?
- The applications and limitations of the Tei index
- In search of a HIV vaccination: failures, successes, and innovations in eliciting humoral and cellular immunity against HIV
- Supercentenarians: a look into the lives of the world’s oldest old
- Living in lead: the evolution of interventional radiology
- 3D models lead a revolution
- Precision psychiatry: made-to-measure medicine
- Marijuana in medicine: wonder drug or ‘I wonder if it really works’ drug?
- Remembering the Great War: figures of the First World War
- Breaking the cycle of condescension: the medical hierarchy
- The story of narrative medicine
- Gender identity and stigma
- 3D in vitro collagen-based scaffold platform to study neuroblastoma growth and migration
- Director: Rachel Adilman
- Editor-in Chief: Alyssa Conti
- Peer Review Director: Magar Ghazarian
- Senior editor: Brian Li
- Assistant Peer Review Director: Alison Hunt
- Executive Secretary: Audrey Pots
- Webmaster: Tiffany Yeretsian
PEER REVIEW TEAM
Senior Peer Reviewer: Alexandr (Sacha) Magder
Peer Reviewers: Samantha Tso, Savvy Benipal, Michelle Gyenes, Nikki Cliffe, David Seligman, Kassandra Gressmann, Jake McDonnell, Jeremy Lau, Claire Gallibois, Lori Israelian, Alexa Higginbotham, Ananya Pentaparthy, Sean Coll, Angela Joannou, Blaire Beers-Mulroy, Ashka Shah, Jessica Iyer, Flavia Dumitrascu, Lisle Blackburn, Eva Stolz
Senior Staff Writer: Katie Nolan
Staff Writers: Hannah Suchy, Deenah Shah, Christine Okeefe, Carol Rizhalla, Aidan McKee
Director of Education: Sannihita Vatturi
Education Secretary: Tayler Declan Ross Education Officers: Matthew Patel, Harleen Jhinger, Fraser Jang-Milligan
Public Relations: Komal Marwaha, Yavani Kulasingham
Thank you to the RCSI Alumni for their continued support of us as students – providing career advice, acting as mentors, enabling electives and research, and supporting the publication of the RCSIsmj since its inception in 2008.
As today’s generation of students and tomorrow’s generation of alumni, we are very grateful for this ongoing support.
A warm and special thanks to Prof. David Smith for the time and encouragement he has given to the RCSIsmj Ethics Challenge, and for his support of the annual debate.
We would also like to thank the Dean, Prof. Hannah McGee, for her sponsorship, and Margaret McCarthy in the Dean’s office for her constant endorsement and assistance.
The RCSIsmj was extremely privileged to have a number of professors and clinicians involved in this year’s journal clubs. We would very much like to thank the following individuals for their support of and participation in the journal club, and to express our appreciation of their time, knowledge, and expertise:
Prof. Arnold Hill
Dr Mark Murphy
Dr Jennifer Clarke